APS Film scanner
Netmask
2009-08-05 01:09:27 UTC
I have a large collection of APS films that I would like to scan (full
frame ignoring cropping info) any suggestions as to currently available
models? I'm in Sydney Australia but I can pretty well import from
anywhere if necessary and the price is reasonable. Prefer a local or SE
Asian location like Singapore or Hong Kong but US is ok as well.
CSM1
2009-08-05 03:36:27 UTC
Post by Netmask
I have a large collection of APS films that I would like to scan (full
frame ignoring cropping info) any suggestions as to currently available
models? I'm in Sydney Australia but I can pretty well import from anywhere
if necessary and the price is reasonable. Prefer a local or SE Asian
location like Singapore or Hong Kong but US is ok as well.
Retail Price is about $1100 USD. But can be found for a little less at
discount dealers.

The Nikon Super COOLSCAN 5000 ED Film Scanner has this spec.

APS (IX240) film: Cartridges of 15, 25 and 40 frames can be scanned with
the optional IX240 film adapter IA-20(s).

You can search online for dealers.

The Global link for Nikon is:
http://nikon.com/index.htm
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
Netmask
2009-08-07 06:13:09 UTC
Post by CSM1
Post by Netmask
I have a large collection of APS films that I would like to scan (full
frame ignoring cropping info) any suggestions as to currently available
models? I'm in Sydney Australia but I can pretty well import from anywhere
if necessary and the price is reasonable. Prefer a local or SE Asian
location like Singapore or Hong Kong but US is ok as well.
Retail Price is about $1100 USD. But can be found for a little less at
discount dealers.
The Nikon Super COOLSCAN 5000 ED Film Scanner has this spec.
APS (IX240) film: Cartridges of 15, 25 and 40 frames can be scanned with
the optional IX240 film adapter IA-20(s).
You can search online for dealers.
http://nikon.com/index.htm
Many thanks - I have been down this path but most retailers are not
stocking including Amazon.
CSM1
2009-08-07 14:35:39 UTC
This dealer has them.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/310477-REG/Nikon_9238_Super_Coolscan_5000_ED.html

So does Adorama:
http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?searchinfo=nikon+5000ed

The APS adapter is available from them also.

The above companies are in the USA.
You can also search Ebay for Nikon 5000ed.
--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com
stocking including Amazon.
Netmask
2009-08-09 09:01:22 UTC
Post by CSM1
This dealer has them.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/310477-REG/Nikon_9238_Super_Coolscan_5000_ED.html
http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?searchinfo=nikon+5000ed
The APS adapter is available from them also.
The above companies are in the USA.
You can also search Ebay for Nikon 5000ed.
Thanks for the info...